Friday, October 17, 2008

finishing intros

1.) There was darkness as far as the eye could see.

2.) Defeat was in the midst, as I saw the prize diminish right before my eyes.

3.) A falling sensation overcame myself.

4.) The potential of those beady, blue eyes seemed infinite.

5.) The silky gloss of fur was my best memory of the rabbits.



1.)  There was darkness as far as the eye could see. There I was, standing alone in the forest not having any idea what i was about to come across. I started walking, slowly and cautiously, looking for anything but darkness, but there was nothing. Just darkness. Stillness. Silence, not

even a single howl of wind. It was then when i noticed... I was not alone.


2. Defeat was in the midst, as I saw the prize diminish right before my eyes. I went for the kick, to get the winning goal, But no slower than lightning, the ball was gone traveling down the other end of the field in the enemy's possession. Then,  a thunder of screams and cheers was heard and the excitement of winning the championship was all around. Except for me, still on the grounded and the disappointed faces all looking down to me.

3. A falling sensation came over myself as I looked down to see nothing but deep, blue water. Should I do it? I had to! The ten faces behind me were all burning holes in the back of neck and no matter what I did those holes would still be burning. But, if i did it, would they do it to? They said they would but this looks too risky for even them. As i was still staring down into the water thousands of "yes's" and "no's" were rattling through my brain with a justification to each. The moment of truth came... Those holes burning more than ever now.

4. The potential of those beady, blue eyes seemed infinite. It was the first time i had ever seen him do such a thing. He was invisible, he the bravest person in the world. He, was my hero.

5. The silky gloss of fur was my best memory of the rabbits. Christmas day, 6 years back; the most memorable one. Instead of the usual  beautifully wrapped parcels under the tree, there was a blank, brown box with hundreds of tiny holes. I ran darted over the box, opened it, put my hand inside and the silky gloss of fur was the best memory of the rabbits.

No comments: