Wednesday, March 11, 2009

huck finn

It's been a while now since Jim and me have seen no towns but I don't mind. By-and-By we just go a floatin' down the river and talk. We talk about all sort of things, me and Jim do. I like talkin' with Jim, I get to know where his thoughts be a comin' from. At first I though I knowed he didn't know nothin', no there warn't noway nohow Jim knowed anythin', but by-and-by I got to know that he does know some things I just never gave him a chance, I shoulda though. The widow always was tellin' me to give everyone a chance because you never know when your gunna meet someone that could change you life. That's always what she was a telling me but I never really gave no one a chance and I never really listened to the widow much nuther.

I wonder how the widow is, and Miss Watson too. They're probably worryin' cinsiderable about me, I mean they knowed I like the outdoors and not bein' sivilized as they call it, but I knowed they don't think I'm this smart at it. They probably think I'm well gone and dead, but I ain't that's for sure. I think I should write to them when I get off the river, I don't want to leave them a wonderin' for the rest of they life. That'd be horrible, I know I wouldn't wanna be wonderin' about what had happened to a body for the rest of my life, noway nohow. I'd wanna know for sure. So I'll write to them and tell them everythin about me and Jim on the river and the Duke and the Dauphin. They'd be mighty proud of me lettin' the Duke and Dauphin on our raft and helpin' them out. They'd think is was considerbaly nice of me and Jim.

No comments: