Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Crucible 11/6

Abigail : " I know you clutched my back behind your house and sweated like a stallion whenever I come near! Or did I dream that? It's she put me out, you cannot pretend it were you. I saw your face when she put me out, and you loved then and you do now!" (22)

This quote shows that Abigail and John Proctor had an affair and Abigail is convinced that Proctor loves her still.

Proctor: "I have trouble enough without I come five mile to hear him preach only hellfire and bloody damnation. Take it to heart, Mr. Parris. There are many others who stay away from church these days because you hardly ever mention God any more." (29)

This quote shows that in church Parris seems to only talk about hell and about damnation. Some of the people of Salem do not want to go to church any more because they do not want to hear anything about hell and about being damned. They want to hear about God, but Parris is not preaching about God any more.

1. What is diabolism?

2. Are the girls doing witchcraft to get back at people in the town that have done wrong to them?

No comments: